Let’s be honest, most of us try our best to live a healthy lifestyle. I try to incorporate these healthy habits into my daily routine which in turn has made them become part of my life. They may seem small but they are mighty. I notice a difference when I skip a day or two. Like many other people by the end of the day I’m tired, I mean like really tired . Raising 4 kids, trying to nurture them into legit decent humans is tough. Never in my life did I think it would be this tough but it’s also so rewarding.
- Drink water with lemon- Sounds simple enough right? You would be surprised how many people are not consuming the right amount of water daily. Below is a little trick I learned to calculate how much water you should be drinking. I also know a lot of people who don’t enjoy drinking water in general. I find adding lemon, cucumber, mint give water a nice taste. Infuse your water with some berries, pineapple or melon. Most importantly…drink you water! This water bottle is super helpful to those who forget to drink water!
Calculating how much water you should drink a day:
- Take your weight (in pounds) and divide that by 2.2.
- Multiply that number depending on your age: If you’re younger than 30, multiply by 40. If you’re between 30-55, multiply by 35. If you’re older than 55, multiply by 30.
- Divide that sum by 28.3.
- Your total is how many ounces of water you should drink each day. Divide that number by 8 to see your result in cups.
- A healthy skincare routine. This is so important. Keeping consistent with a skin care routine can keep your skin glowing and if your skin in glowing you are baby. I have a day time and night time routine and both take under 5 mins. I don’t have time for too many steps but I always do a cleanser, serum, eye cream, moisturizer and neck cream. My day and night products are linked here. Oh and I never ever forget sunscreen! The serums I use are pricey but they are the best and worth every penny If you can swing it.
- Carve out 30 minutes of “me” time. This is usually when I have my afternoon cup of coffee or tea. I like to use this time for exercising but sometimes I just need to relax. I start with a quick few minutes of stretching. You’ll be surprised at how fantastic a good stretch makes you feel. Speaking of me time this could mean getting lost in a rabbit hole search of the new Targaryen series or looking for our next vacation. Having a few minutes solitude helps me collect my thoughts for the rest of the day. I will either set the kids up with an activity or put on a show. As moms there should be no shame for turning on the tv or allowing them their tablet for short periods of time. Mamma needs her time too.
- Fresh air. This is so important. Even on the coldest of days we are going out for at least a half hour. Ever feel off or aggravated? Go for a walk. I read somewhere that fresh air can reset your mood. See what a world of good it can do.
- Unwind with a book and a warm beverage before bed. I’ve been cutting out television before bed and upping my reading game. I’ve noticed how much better I’ve been sleeping. I try to read for at least 20 mins before bed. This calms my mind and helps me unwind. I always enjoy a cup of tea while I read. The whole process is just relaxing to me and by the end of the day I’m looking forward to it. This tea has has been a favorite of mine and really helps me unwind. I also love these mugs.
My last bit, give yourself grace. It’s been a rough year. Scarlett O’Hara said it best “tomorrow is another day”. We aren’t perfect and that’s ok. Making small changes can have big results. These specific healthy habits may not work for you but I think getting into some sort of routine is great start. Wishing you a happy and healthy Sunday friends.
Ive added links throughout this post but if you like to see everything in one place you can here. While you are there you can give a “follow” so I pop up on your feed. Happy Sunday friends.
2 thoughts on “5 Healthy Habits i do daily”
These are some great, no nonsense healthy habits! I’ve also been taking 30–45 minutes before bed to read a good book and have my sunlight clock dim down, it’s made a real difference to my sleep.
Thanks Sarah! Reading is so therapeutic to me! Ah yes, I have the Hatch clock which does that! I also use the noise setting while sleeping which I think helps a lot!